Christina Downey for Board of Education
I am a Democratic candidate for the Greenwich Board of Education.
On Election Day (November 5), Greenwich residents of all parties can vote for up to four candidates, but only the two highest vote recipients in each party will be elected.
Student achievement always has to be the top priority of the Greenwich Schools. To move forward we must invest in programs and infrastructure, and balance the cost of these with their effectiveness, particularly with a new strategic plan coming. I will work diligently towards meeting the needs of all students.
Other issues for the BOE involve improving communication with the other Town decisionmakers and stakeholders. By doing so, the BOE can improve how it functions in a more collaborative fashion in implementing the Master Facilities Plan.
Additionally, the BOE needs to support the new Superintendent’s efforts, consistent with the Board's own duties as a policy setting body. I look forward to collaborating with the Superintendent in the most constructive manner possible.
Please vote for Christina Downey for BOE
- RTM Member and District 5 delegate to Education Committee, liaison for RTM to New Lebanon Building Committee, and alternate to Health and Human Services Committee
- 26-year resident of Riverside
- BA in Mathematics and Economics from UNC Chapel Hill
- JD/MBA from NYU
- Active volunteer in Greenwich Public Schools, including co-president of Riverside PTA, PTAC Treasurer, and member of GHS PTA board
- Member, Junior League of Greenwich, serving on JLG Board and as committee chair numerous years
- AVID mentor -- Greenwich Alliance for Education
- Former member of Board of Governors of Riverside Association
- Co-president GHS Band Boosters for 6 years